One of the most important aspect of new Aion: Assault on Balaurea, are flights with world bosses called Governors of both fractions. To be able to flight with them, your fraction not only have to conquer its-side fortress, but also fortress on enemy territory. Only when Governor will appear, but it’s not an easy flight because enemy players will do everything to stop you from killing him!
Few facts about Governors:
- If a race conquers both fortresses in the opposing race’s region, the regional Governor will appear two hours later.
– Marchutan’s agent Mastarius appears in the ancient city Marayas when Elyos occupy both fortresses in Gelkmaros.
– Kaisinel’s agent Vielle appears in the Inggison Outpost when Asmodians occupy both fortresses in Inggison.
– A system message announces when the Governor appears, and an icon appears on the map.
- Players must go through numerous gates to approach the Governor. When the Governor appears, the gates also appear. These gates cannot be repaired.
- When characters from the same race as the Governor use a specific item 100 times, the Governor uses a powerful skill on nearby opposing race members.
- Each Governor drops an Eternal class item. Depending on the achievement, players with certain ranks receive a dropped item as well as rewards and gifts via Mail.
- These gifts contain daily quest tokens, Platinum Medals, and Stigma Shards. They also have a chance of containing random attribute godstones and titles that can be used for 7 days.
- After defeating a Governor, a buff that lasts for 1 hour is given to all characters online.
- Governors themselves, drops items (armors and weapons) with quality Eternal. List of items: serie Mastarius (for Elyos, “asmo look”) / serie Veille (for Asmodians, “elyos look”).
- Depending on the achievement, players with certain ranks receive a dropped item as well as rewards and gifts via Mail. Mastarius reward (for Asmodians) / Veille reward (for Elyos). These gifts contain daily quest tokens, Platinum Medals, and Stigma Shards. They also have a chance of containing random attribute godstones and titles that can be used for 7 days. ([Title] Vanquisher of Mastarius (for Elyos) / [Title] Vanquisher of Veille (for Asmodians))
- Every character who assist in killing of Governor will get special mark: Mark of Mastarius (for Asmodians) / Mark of Veille (for Elyos) – as a proof on killing it. After collecting certain amount of marks, they can be exchange to armors and weapons with quality Fabled.
Items Amount of marks Weapon 9 Shield 6 Chest 6 Trousers 4 Shoulders 3 Gloves 3 Boots 3
- Armors from Governors for Elyos
- Armors from Governors for Asmodians
- Weapons from Governors for both fractions
Source: Masterius and Vielle on Korean PowerWiki.